VicksWeb Entertainment

Welcome to VicksWeb™

We have 8 guests online

© 2016 VicksWeb Inc.

About | Privacy | Help | Terms | Feedback | Security | Services

Can You Choose Between These Iconic Taylor Swift Songs?
©:  BuzzFeed - Music

"I’m only 17, I don’t know anything."


View Entire Post ›


Do You Prefer These Original Songs Or The Remix?
©:  BuzzFeed - Music

Beware, a lot of Ariana Grande remixes ahead.


View Entire Post ›


Clyburn says he will seek re-election in 2022
©:  theGrio

“Hell yes,” said Clyburn

House Majority Whip Jim Clyburn made it clear that he intends on staying put in Congress.

When asked by The Post and Courier on Thursday if he will run for reelection next year, he responded, “Not just yes, but hell yes.”

Clyburn, 80, has represented the South Carolina Sixth Congressional District since 1993.

According to POLITICO, Clyburn, along with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, and Majority Leader Steny Hoyer have not made plans to relinquish their current positions. When asked by CNN if he’d be in support of Pelosi staying in her post as House Speaker, he replied, “Yep.”

He did not give a direct answer when asked if he’d seek Pelosi’s position should she choose to step down for good, saying, “Good Lord, I was born and raised in South Carolina, you got to know I spent all my life contemplating. I’m still contemplating.”

Clyburn appeared on MSNBC last week and responded to Senator Joe Manchin‘s defense of the congressional filibuster and Manchin’s supposed intention to vote against the Democrats on voting reform measures.

South Carolina Rep. James Clyburn (left) had some choice words for West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin (right) for being the only Democratic senator not to co-sponsor the For The People Act. (Photos by DNCC via Getty Images and Jim Watson-Pool/Getty Images)

“Senator Manchin is misrepresenting to the public exactly what’s going on here,â€� he said about Manchin’s op-ed. “He is not voting against HR1 when he proposes to continue this filibuster.”

He adds that Machin shouldn’t be allowing 60 votes to be required for a final vote.

“I believe that partisan voting legislation will destroy the already weakening binds of our democracy, and for that reason, I will vote against the For the People Act. Furthermore, I will not vote to weaken or eliminate the filibuster,” Machin wrote.

“For as long as I have the privilege of being your U.S. senator, I will fight to represent the people of West Virginia, to seek bipartisan compromise no matter how difficult, and to develop the political bonds that end divisions and help unite the country we love,” Manchin continued.

Have you subscribed to theGrio’s podcast “Dear Cultureâ€�? Download our newest episodes now! 

TheGrio is now on Apple TV, Amazon Fire, and Roku. Download theGrio today!

The post Clyburn says he will seek re-election in 2022 appeared first on TheGrio.


50 Cent Weighs in on to James Harden/Saweetie Relationship
©:  The Source

50 Cent

Never one one to bite his tongue when it comes to controversial matters (or any matter really), 50 Cent chimed in on the alleged relationships between rising hip-hop sensation  Saweetie and NBA star James Harden. 

While none of this has been confirmed by anyone official, Harden allegedly sent Saweetie $100k to go on a date via CashApp. 

This unfounded rumor prompted 50 Cent to chime in with a now-deleted Instagram post asking ““He’s a superstar why the f*** is he paying a b**** to go on a date.”

Not missing an opportunity to take a shot at Quavo (with whom 50 is known to have a long-standing beef with), he continued: “see what you did @quavohuncho they don’t know what they like till they see somebody with it 🤷ðŸ�½â€�♂ï¸�SMH LOL Help me understand this!â€� 

The relationship rumors between Saweetie and Harde  began when Saweetie’s ex Quavo’s fellow Migos member Offset, liked a tweet from a Twitter user by the name Maha

The Maha account asked “now why tf are people saying saweetie and james harden fw each other…�

Neither Saweetie nor James have confirmed or denied the rumors. 

For the record, CashApp’s official transfer policy reads as such: “Cash App lets you send up to $250 within any 7-day period and receive up to $1,000 within any 30-day period. You can increase these limits by verifying your identity using your full name, date of birth, and the last 4 digits of your SSN.”

Whether or not Harden went through that trouble may forever remain a mystery.

The post 50 Cent Weighs in on to James Harden/Saweetie Relationship appeared first on The Source.


19 Random Movie Quotes That I'm Pretty Sure All Millennials Have Used At Least Once
©:  BuzzFeed - TVAndMovies

Words truly do live on forever!


View Entire Post ›


Rash of mass shootings stirs US fears heading into summer
©:  theGrio

The shootings come amid an easing of COVID-19 pandemic restrictions in much of the country

Two people were killed and at least 30 others wounded in mass shootings overnight in three states, authorities said Saturday, stoking concerns that a spike in U.S. gun violence could continue into summer as coronavirus restrictions ease and more people are free to socialize.

The attacks took place late Friday or early Saturday in the Texas capital of Austin, Chicago and Savannah, Georgia. 

In Austin, authorities said they arrested one of two male suspects and were searching for the other after a shooting early Saturday on a crowded pedestrian-only street packed with bars and restaurants. Fourteen people were wounded, including two critically, in the gunfire, which the city’s interim police chief said is believed to have started as a dispute between two parties.

No arrests were reported by late Saturday in the two other shootings.

In Chicago, a woman was killed and nine other people were wounded when two men opened fire on a group standing on a sidewalk in the Chatham neighborhood on the city’s South Side. The shooters also got away and hadn’t been identified by mid-afternoon Saturday. 

In the south Georgia city of Savannah, police said one man was killed and seven other people were wounded in a mass shooting Friday evening, police said. Two of the wounded are children — an 18-month-old and a 13-year-old. 

Savannah’s police chief, Roy Minter, Jr., said the shooting may be linked to an ongoing dispute between two groups, citing reports of gunshots being fired at the same apartment complex earlier in the week.

“It’s very disturbing what we’re seeing across the country and the level of gun violence that we’re seeing across the country,� he told reporters Saturday. “It’s disturbing and it’s senseless.�

The attacks come amid an easing of COVID-19 pandemic restrictions in much of the country, including Chicago, which lifted many of its remaining safeguards on Friday. Many hoped that a spike in U.S. shootings and homicides last year was an aberration perhaps caused by pandemic-related stress amid a rise in gun ownership and debate over policing. But those rates are still higher than they were in pre-pandemic times, including in cities that refused to slash police spending following the death of George Floyd and those that made modest cuts. 

“There was a hope this might simply be a statistical blip that would start to come down,� said Chuck Wexler, executive director of the Police Executive Research Forum. “That hasn’t happened. And that’s what really makes chiefs worry that we may be entering a new period where we will see a reversal of 20 years of declines in these crimes.� 

Tracking ups and downs in crime is always complicated, but violent crime commonly increases in the summer months. Weekend evenings and early-morning hours also are common windows for shootings.

Many types of crime did decline in 2020 and have stayed lower this year, suggesting the pandemic and the activism and unrest spurred by the reaction to Floyd’s death didn’t lead to an overall spike in crime. 

The two mass killings in 2020 were the lowest annual total in a decade, according to a database compiled by The Associated Press, USA Today and Northeastern University. The database tracks all mass killings including shootings, defined as four or more people dead not including the perpetrator.

According to that definition, there have been 17 mass killings, 16 of those shootings, already this year, said James Alan Fox, a criminologist and professor at Northeastern University.

The Gun Violence Archive, which monitors media and police reports to track gun violence, defines mass shootings as those involving four or more people who were shot, regardless of whether they died. Overall, according to its database, more than 8,700 people have died of gun violence in the U.S. this year.

The GVA also found that mass shootings spiked in 2020 to about 600, which was higher than in any of the previous six years it tracked the statistic. According to this year’s count, there have been at least 267 mass shootings in the U.S. so far, including the latest three overnight Friday into Saturday. 

“It’s worrisome,� Fox said. “We have a blend of people beginning to get out and about in public. We have lots of divisiveness. And we have more guns and warm weather. It’s a potentially deadly mix.�

Have you subscribed to theGrio’s podcast “Dear Culture�? Download our newest episodes now!

TheGrio is now on Apple TV, Amazon Fire, and Roku. Download theGrio today!

The post Rash of mass shootings stirs US fears heading into summer appeared first on TheGrio.


Museum manager defends plans for canceled Juneteenth event
©:  theGrio

The plantation’s site manager accused the media of a rush to judgement after the event was announced

The manager of a historical museum in North Carolina is defending himself from criticism that an event he planned offered a sympathetic portrayal of slaveowners.

Ian Campbell, site manager of the Latta Historic Plantation in Huntersville, posted a statement Saturday on the plantation’s website saying that he will never glorify the Confederacy, white supremacy or plantation owners. He accused the media of a rush to judgement.

Latta canceled its Juneteenth program “Kingdom Coming� after complaints emerged about a promotion for the event. The event description seemed in parts to mirror the perspective of a re-enactor who says attendees “will hear stories from the massa himself� and offered sympathetic commentary about a white overseer who no longer had slaves to oversee.

The word ‘massa’ mocks the Black pronunciation of ‘master.’

The event was canceled Friday amid criticism of the event by Charlotte Mayor Vi Lyles and others. The plantation is operated by a nonprofit corporation but Mecklenburg County owns the property, according to the Charlotte Observer. 

Campbell, who is Black, said the event was canceled out of concern for staff safety.

Juneteenth commemorates the tradition June 19 date of the emancipation of enslaved people in the United States.

Have you subscribed to theGrio’s podcast “Dear Culture�? Download our newest episodes now!

TheGrio is now on Apple TV, Amazon Fire, and Roku. Download theGrio today!

The post Museum manager defends plans for canceled Juneteenth event appeared first on TheGrio.


Raven-Symoné shares details about her weight loss journey
©:  theGrio

“I want to make sure that my body is healthy and prepared to deal with old age,” she said

Raven-Symoné appeared on Good Morning America on Friday to share the progress of her weight loss journey after remarkably shedding 30 pounds in three months.

The 35-year-old said while she can’t “speak for anybody else,” fasting has been the best method for her in both shedding and keeping the pounds off.

Raven Symone attends the 28th Annual NAACP Theatre Awards at Millennium Biltmore Hotel on June 17, 2019 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Amy Sussman/Getty Images)

“I am low-carb as much as I can be,” she said. “I do very minimal exercise and I am an avid faster. I make sure I have a minimum of 14-hour fast between dinner and breakfast.”

She added, “I’m not over here trying to be a little twig. I want to make sure that my body is healthy and prepared to deal with old age.”

Raven-Symoné, who has been in the entertainment business since age 3, opened up about her experiences with her weight and emotional eating. In 2011, she lost 70 pounds but said she couldn’t celebrate because the way people treated her when she weighed more was “emotionally damaging.”

“The way people were treating me while I was bigger was emotionally damaging. When I lost weight, I remember the moment I went on the red carpet and in my head, I was cussing everyone out. I’m like, ‘Wow, now you want to look at me because I’m skinny, thanks,'” she recalled.

When asked how she can sustain herself during the current three day fast she’s on, she credited drinking water, electrolytes, and bone broth when things “get difficult,” but assured viewers that she has a goal in mind.

“I want to make sure that my body is healthy and prepared to deal with old age,” she said.

In an Instagram video shared last month with her wife Miranda Pearman-Maday, the Raven’s Home actress opened up about her weight loss.

“You see that chin? If you all watch Raven’s Home literally right now, and then come on this live and see this joint, I got a whole different face going on. It’s a whole pounds down journey. Just so you guys know I am 28 pounds down. I lost a s— ton of weight. Right now I’m doing a 48-hour fast so we’re on that journey right now,” she said in the video.

Last July, Raven-Symoné spoke with PEOPLE about being body-shamed in the early 2000s when she was a rising teenage star on the Disney Channel.

“My whole life is kind of based on what the industry wants. Other people controlled my hair, my eyebrows, my clothing, my words, everything. There was definitely a seesaw within my mind,” she told the outlet. “I prevailed over it because at the end of the day, it’s like, ‘Come on, people, everybody’s a different size.'”

Have you subscribed to theGrio’s podcast “Dear Cultureâ€�? Download our newest episodes now! 

 TheGrio is now on Apple TV, Amazon Fire, and Roku. Download theGrio today!

The post Raven-Symoné shares details about her weight loss journey appeared first on TheGrio.


Judge asked to order arrest of witnesses in triple-slaying
©:  theGrio

Tevin Biles-Thomas, the brother of Simone Biles, is charged in Cuyahoga County with murder, voluntary manslaughter and felonious assault

Prosecutors in Ohio asked a judge to issue arrest warrants for three witnesses sought in the retrial of the brother of Olympic gymnastics champion Simone Biles in a deadly 2018 New Year’s Eve party shootout that left three men dead.

Tevin Biles-Thomas is charged in Cuyahoga County with murder, voluntary manslaughter and felonious assault; prosecutors on Tuesday dismissed a perjury count. The U.S. Army soldier’s first trial ended in a mistrial last month, after jurors were inadvertently given legal paperwork related to the case.

Authorities said gunfire broke out at the Cleveland party in 2018 when a group of men arrived uninvited. Nineteen-year-old DelVaunte Johnson, 21-year-old Toshaun Banks and 23-year-old DeVaughn Gibson were killed.

Cleveland.com reports that prosecutors told a judge last week that they have been unable to find the only witness who reported seeing Biles-Thomas fire a weapon. Prosecutors also said they cannot find two other witnesses, including one man who was shot in the head.

Last month, the judge issued arrest warrants for two witnesses who failed to appear to testify during the first trial; both took the stand later in the day wearing handcuffs, ankle chains and jail uniforms, Cleveland.com reported.

Prosecutors told jurors Thursday that two men got into an altercation and Biles-Thomas pulled a gun and opened fire. Authorities allege that one of the men who had been scuffling returned fire, killing the other, and Biles-Thomas then shot two others and fled. Police never found the guns and found no bullet casings with Biles-Thomas’ DNA.

Defense attorney Joe Patituce told jurors Thursday that Biles-Thomas didn’t fire any shots and was wearing a jacket of a different color than witnesses described. He also attacked the credibility of a key witness, saying he had gotten “the golden ticket� of leniency in that case and another one after agreeing to implicate the defendant.

Have you subscribed to theGrio’s podcast “Dear Culture�? Download our newest episodes now!

TheGrio is now on Apple TV, Amazon Fire, and Roku. Download theGrio today!

The post Judge asked to order arrest of witnesses in triple-slaying appeared first on TheGrio.


Biden to name Pulse Nightclub a national memorial
©:  theGrio

“We must drive out hate and inequities that contribute to the epidemic of violence,” said Biden

President Joe Biden said on the fifth anniversary of a mass shooting at the Pulse Nightclub in Orlando, Florida, that he will sign a bill naming the site as a national memorial.

ORLANDO, FLORIDA – JUNE 21: A view of the Pulse nightclub main entrance on June 21, 2016 in Orlando, Florida. The Orlando community continues to mourn the victims of the deadly mass shooting at a gay nightclub. (Photo by Gerardo Mora/Getty Images)

The deadliest attack on the LGBTQ community in U.S. history left 49 people dead and 53 people wounded as “Latin Night� was being celebrated at the club. Biden said in a statement Saturday that he has “stayed in touch with families of the victims and with the survivors who have turned their pain into purpose� and described the club as “hallowed ground.�

The president emphasized that the country must do more to reduce gun violence, such as banning assault weapons and closing loopholes in regulations that enable gun buyers to bypass background checks. Biden said the nation must acknowledge that gun violence has hurt members of the LGBTQ community 

“We must drive out hate and inequities that contribute to the epidemic of violence and murder against transgender women — especially transgender women of color,� Biden said.

White House advisers Susan Rice and Cedric Richmond hosted a virtual roundtable on Friday with LGBTQ leaders, gun violence survivors and gun control advocates.

Vice President Kamala Harris and her husband, Douglas Emhoff, walked Saturday with the crowd for the Capitol Pride Walk And Rally in Washington.

“We still have so much to do,� Harris said.

Have you subscribed to theGrio’s podcast “Dear Culture�? Download our newest episodes now!

TheGrio is now on Apple TV, Amazon Fire, and Roku. Download theGrio today!

The post Biden to name Pulse Nightclub a national memorial appeared first on TheGrio.


<< < Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next > >>